Eagle (ca. 1826)

From NAPwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

After playing a major role in the naval battles on Lake Champlain during the War of 1812, the 20-gun brig-of-war Eagle was retired to ordinary at the Whitehall Naval Base on the Poultney River in New York after peace was declared. The naval base was closed in 1825 with the Eagle still tied to her dock. She probably sank the next year. She was built by Adam and Noah Brown at Vergennes, Vermont, in 1814. Kevin Crisman’s book reveals some interesting details about the problems and solutions of ship construction on inland American waters.1

References

1. Richard Steffy, INA Shipdata Project, Texas A&M University.

Personal tools