New World Seafaring
Revision as of 02:21, 24 January 2010 by Bradley.krueger
Iberian Exploration and Colonization of the Western Hemisphere, 1492-1600
- Arnold, J. Barto and Robert S. Weddle. The Nautical Archaeology of Padre Island. New York, 1978.
- Arnold, J. Barto III. "The Fleet of 1554," in Archaeology Under Water, Keith Muckelroy, ed. New York, 1980.
- Augier, F.R., S.C. Goron, D.G. Hall, and M. Reckford. The Making of the West Indies. Trinidad and Jamaica, 1960.
- Barkham, Michael M. "Report on 16th Century Spanish Basque Shipbuilding Circa 1550 to Circa 1600," Parks Canada Manuscript Report Number 422, 1981.
- Cipolla, Carlo. Guns, Sails & Empires: Technological Innovation & Eurpoean Expansion 1400-1700. New York, 1996.
- Crosby, Alfred W. The Columbian Exchange: Biological and Cultural Consequences of 1492. Contributions in American Studies Number 2. Westport, CT, 1972.
- Cumbaa, Stephen L. "Preliminary Analysis of Bones form a 16th Century Spanish Basque Shipwreck and Whaling Station in Red Bay, Labrador," in Underwater Archaeology: The Challenge Before Us- The Proceedings of the Twelfth Conference on Underwater Archaeology, Cordon P. Watts Jr., ed. San Marino, CA, 1981.
- Davis, John. L. Treasure, People, Ships, and Dreams. San Antonio, 1977.
- Deagan, Kathleen and Jose Maria Cruxent. Columbus's Outpost Among the Tainos: Spain and America at La Islabela, 1493-1498. New Haven and London, 2002.
- Deagan, Kathleen and Jose Maria Cruxent. Archaeology at La Isabela: America's First European Town. 2002.
- Earley, P. "Mystery Ship Still Rests on Ocean Floor While Bitter and Tangled Dispute Continues: Treasure Hunters Sure It's Pinta," in Los Angeles Times, Sept 17, 1982.
- Elliott, J.H. Spain and Its World 1500-1700. New Haven and London, 1989.
- Floyd, Troy S. The Columbus Dynasty in the Caribbean, 1492-1526. Albuquerque, 1973.
- Franklin, Marianne, John W. Morris, John Broadwater, and Gordon P. Watts. "A Preliminary Description of the Excavation, Timber Recording, Hull Construction, and Cultural Material Analysis of a 16th Century Vessel Wrecked on Western Ledge Reef, Bermuda," in Underwater Archaeological Proceedings from the Society for Historical Archaeology Conference, Robyn P. Woodward and Charles D. Moore, eds. Vancouver, 1994.
- Grenier, Robert C. and James A. Tuck. "Discovery in Labrador: A 16th-Century Basque Wahling Port and its Sunken Fleet," in National Geographic, Vol. 168 No. 1, July 1985, 40-71.
- Grenier, Robert C. "Basque Whalers in the New World: The Red Bay Wrecks," in Ships and Shipwrecks of the Americas, George F. Bass, ed., 69-84. London and New York, 1988.
- Hoffman, Paul E. The Spanish Crown and the Defense of the Caribbean, 1535-1585. 1980.
Judege, Joseph and James L. Stanfield. "The Island of Landfall," in National Geographic, Vol. 170 No. 5, 1986, 566-599.